October is here, and with it comes cooler breezes, more colorful leaves, and the scent of pumpkin spice in the air. The kids are thinking about the perfect Halloween costume, and you and your family might be taking weekend journeys to apple orchards and pumpkin farms.
Amidst all the fun fall has to offer, don’t forget to give us a call to schedule your heating maintenance! It’s the best way to ensure your heating system will run great, no matter how cool the weather outside gets!
With the cooler weather in mind, we at T.F. O’Brien are thinking ahead to those who are less fortunate. That’s why we’ve started a Winter Coat Drive. Click here for details on how you can help us keep people warmer this winter. And, storm season is coming, and that can mean power outages. Find out how a generator can help you weather the storm by clicking here.
Plus, check out these energy-saving tips from NYSERDA:
- Choose the cold setting on your washer. Whenever possible, wash your laundry with cold water to save on the energy it takes to heat up water for warm and hot settings.
- Compute with care. Choose to plug computers and other electronics into an advanced power strip. Also, consider choosing a laptop over a desk computer – laptops are more energy efficient.
- Check your filters. Take a look at the air filters on your home’s HVAC equipment, especially during the high use months. Change out the filter if it’s dirty. That will help your system run more efficiently.
- Consider a programmable thermostat. That way, you won’t have to worry about adjusting the thermostat to fit your schedule – it will automatically adjust for when you’re sleeping or away from home.
- Change your light bulbs. By swapping out incandescent light bulbs for ENERGY STAR certified LEDs, you can save energy and on future bulb purchases – LEDs last up to 25 times longer than traditional bulbs.
Enjoy your October! Thank you for reading.