When you need heating services, you want to know that the contractor you’re inviting into your home is qualified to perform the HVAC services you need, whether it’s maintenance, repair or installation. In an article on the Angie’s List website, author Paul F. P. Pogue discusses what you should look for in an HVAC contractor, and the homework you really should do before hiring someone for the heating service needs of your Nassau County home.
Here’s what to look for:
- Licensure: When you hire a heating service contractor for your Nassau County home, you’ll want to make sure they hold the appropriate licenses. You’re taking your heating system into your own hands if you choose to hire a contractor without the proper licensure. It can mean that your contractor doesn’t have the right education and experience for the job, and there’s a good chance their company isn’t properly bonded or insured.
- Insurance: It should go without saying – anybody who does any work in your home should be insured. Why? Without the right insurance, you as a homeowner can be held liable in the case of accidental damage or injury. So before you hire someone to perform heating service in your Nassau County home, make sure they’re properly insured.
- Quality Brands: Does the contractor install brands with a proven track record? If you’ve never heard of what they’re selling, or can’t easily find information on the brand on the Internet, then maybe they don’t. Just like you should be cautious about who is providing heating service in your Nassau County home, you should also be aware of what equipment manufacturers are considered to be the cream of the crop.
- Testimonials: What do other customers have to say about the contractor you’re considering? Check places like Angie’s List for unbiased customer testimonials. Ask your neighbors and friends if they’ve had experience working with them. Check out the contractor’s website and see if they offer customer reviews anywhere on their website. Word-of-mouth is often a great way to connect with a contractor who will have your best interests at heart.
- Maintenance Contracts: A great contractor knows that there’s much more to HVAC than installation of new systems. They care about their customers and want to help them keep their equipment running and in good shape for as long as possible. Check to see if the contractor you’re considering offers maintenance contracts along with their other heating services for your Nassau County home. Maintenance contracts provide you with the annual attention your system needs to run its best now and for years to come.
How can T.F. O’Brien help?
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place for all of the above. At T.F. O’Brien, we take great pride in providing the residents of Nassau County with the heating service they need in order to stay comfortable all winter long. We’re fully licensed and insured, and we only install brands that we’d use in our own homes. Our customers will tell you, we strive to provide expert service, whether you need heating repair, maintenance or a new installation. And, we offer maintenance contracts so you can rest assured that your equipment will last and will perform effectively and efficiently. Just give us a call at 516.488.1800 to find out how we can help.