When consumers invest in a new cooling system for their home, they often have a set-it-and-forget-it mindset. We get it –they’ve generally paid a lot of money for your new air conditioning system, and they have the expectation that it’ll be reliable and durable for years to come. But, people frequently fail to realize that their cooling system is mechanical, much like an automobile. And, because of that, it needs yearly HVAC tune-ups and inspections, just like their car would need.
At T.F. O’Brien, we understand that homeowners might not be sure why they need AC maintenance for their Long Island home. They might look at it as an additional, and perhaps unnecessary expense, or even an inconvenience. Rest assured, there are several benefits to getting an air conditioning system looked at on an annual basis. We believe in educating homeowners on why AC maintenance is so important, and we make it easy for them to schedule an appointment with us. We want to make sure their systems are running optimally all summer long – so they don’t have to worry about a cooling emergency when the temperature soars.
Five Reasons to Get AC Maintenance for Your Long Island Residence
If you’re on the fence as to whether or not you should get a maintenance contract with us, here are the top five benefits to making sure your air conditioning system gets the annual tune-up and inspection it needs:
- Safety: An annual inspection will help find issues that could be causes for concern with your system. Our technicians check for refrigerant leaks, and make sure electrical components are all working properly.
- Breakdowns: When you get regular AC maintenance for your Long Island home, your system will be clean, and any minor problems can be addressed – helping you avoid an inconvenient and expensive breakdown.
- Warranty: Look at your manufacturer warranty, and you’ll likely find that your system requires regular maintenance to keep the warranty intact, helping you avoid having to pay for potential repairs out-of-pocket.
- Savings: If the AC system in your Long Island home is regularly maintained, it likely will perform better and use less energy. And, when you save energy, you ultimately save money on your utility bills as well.
- Air Quality: Your tune-up includes changing your system’s air filter. A dirty filter not only causes your system to work harder, it allows mold, dust and pollen to circulate through your home – and nobody wants that!
Find out how you can get AC maintenance for your Long Island home.
Getting the maintenance you need is easy, when you call on T.F. O’Brien to help. To schedule an AC maintenance appointment for your Long Island home, just give us a call at 516.488.1800, or use our convenient online contact form. We’ll be happy to assist you – and keep your AC running all summer long.