Fall is a time when most people take advantage of the last bit of milder weather to prepare their homes for the winter months ahead. General home maintenance, like making sure drafty doors and windows are sealed, the chimney (if you have a fireplace) is cleaned, and home protection systems like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly, are all important tasks. But what about your home’s heating system? Is it in working order for the chillier weather ahead? The best way you can ensure that it’s ready for winter is by getting annual maintenance.
It should come as no surprise that systems that receive the proper seasonal maintenance work better than neglected equipment. And when your heating system works better, you can count on it to help your family stay more comfortable. Plus, it can save you money on your utility bills. If that’s not reason enough to get your heating system the maintenance it needs, there are plenty more!
Here are the top five reasons why annual maintenance is important:
- Better Equipment Efficiency. When you call for heating maintenance, part of the service includes cleaning of your system. That’s important, because when a heating system is dirty it works harder, and much less efficiently – taking more money from your wallet when it comes time to pay utility bills.
- Enhanced Equipment Safety. Much like taking your vehicle for an annual tune-up, heating system maintenance allows our technicians to inspect your equipment. They’ll make sure all electrical components and combustion parts are in good working order. If they aren’t, deadly carbon monoxide can be produced or there can be a fire hazard.
- Improved Home Comfort. Your heating system needs to be at peak performance in order to keep your home toasty warm during the colder months. When you get heating maintenance, you can count on better airflow. Not to mention, repairs or replacements can be made to any components not in proper working order.
- Longer Life for Equipment. When you make sure that your heating system is properly maintained, you’re helping to ensure that it runs better. Maintenance ensures a cleaned and lubricated system. It frees it of the gunk and buildup that can cause your system to run poorly. And, small issues are found and repaired easily before they cause premature system failure.
- Better Indoor Air Quality. Changing the air filter is an important part of maintenance. When your system circulates air through a dirty filter, those particles make their way into the air you and your family breathe. Getting the seasonal maintenance your system needs keeps indoor air free of mold, pollen and dust.
T.F. O’Brien provides you with the heating maintenance you need.
When you work with T.F. O’Brien for your maintenance needs, you can rest assured that your heating system will be running at its most effective, most efficient best this winter. Our technicians are highly skilled. They can help you make the most of your heating equipment – now and for years to come. Call us at 516.488.1800 to schedule your heating maintenance with us today – your system will be glad you did!