For some people, getting annual heating maintenance is an expense they think is unnecessary. We can understand that. Often, homeowners are unaware of the benefits of getting annual maintenance, so they don’t make it a priority.
At T.F. O’Brien, our goal is always to first inform our customers of the benefits of any services we provide, so they can make their own decisions. While we encourage you to get the annual maintenance you need, we also want to explain to you why it’s important. That’s why we’re sharing this list of benefits with you.
7 Benefits of Annual Heating Maintenance
- Better Efficiency: Heating systems get dirty. As the air flows through them, so do any particles that might be floating around in that air. When you get annual maintenance, your technician will clean your system thoroughly and replace the filter. And that makes your system run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Lower Energy Bills: When your system is cleaned on an annual basis, it runs better, as we said above. Systems that are bogged down with dirt and gunk have to work much harder than they did when they were new. Annual maintenance eliminates the gunk and dirt, so your system can operate much more easily – and that saves on energy bills.
- Improved Air Quality: A neglected heating system usually means a neglected air filter as well. If you’ve ever changed your filter, you know how much dirt, dust, and other particulates can collect there. By getting your system cleaned and your filter changed, those particles will be trapped – and kept from infiltrating the air in your home.
- Warranty Maintenance: Many homeowners are unaware, but most equipment brands require maintenance regularly to maintain the warranty on the system. If you don’t get the required service, your warranty becomes invalid – and that can result in having to pay for costly repairs you otherwise wouldn’t have to.
- Fewer Costly Repairs: Another benefit of having your system checked out yearly is the ability of your technician to catch small issues before they become larger ones. Some issues can be fixed without having to install new parts – but left unattended can lead to very costly repairs down the road, or worst-case scenario, needing a heating system replacement.
- Longer Equipment Life: Think about it this way – if you didn’t get your car inspected annually, change the oil, and get new tires when needed, you probably wouldn’t expect it to last long. The same thing goes for your heating equipment. By getting regular maintenance, you can help it last longer, which will save you on the unexpected expense of a premature replacement.
- Improved Equipment History: When you have your system maintenance done by a professional on an annual basis, they’ll keep a record of both the inspections and anything that might have needed extra attention on your system. That way, should you need a repair, your technician will have a record of system performance to help with troubleshooting.
Getting the annual heating maintenance you need is as easy as calling T.F. O’Brien.
At T.F. O’Brien, we know the real benefits of getting annual maintenance, and our skilled technicians can help ensure your equipment runs effectively and efficiently this winter, and for years to come. All you need to do is give us a call at 518.488.1800, and we’ll schedule an appointment for you.